WLW 2011 Self-signed SSL Certificate Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Not sure if this forum is migrated or locked down but I'll post anyway since I didn't find any other forum that fits.

I'm working on a custom blog engine using the MetaWeblog API and everything is going well. Even have WLW2011 working with self-signed IIS7 certificate. I'm using the /allowunsafecertificates switch in starting WLW2011. However I do get the following errors in the WLW2011 log when I first add the blog to WLW2011 .

I have not yet implemented any authentication so there's no way my xmlrpc.net class is rejecting based on credentials.   Also, everything seems to work. The weblayout and webpreview templates are downloaded and I can post. As far as I can tell the manifest was downloaded. So what does this error mean?

I do not get these errors if I'm not using https for my xmlrpc endpoint. I suspect the SSL Policy error has something to do with this too, but I couldn't find any information on what to do about that. The IIS7 self-signed certificate process is amazing simple and doesn't allow me to do any other tweaks that I can think of that would address the policy error.

----

WindowsLiveWriter,1.5240,None,00025,07-Feb-2011 14:26:59.038,"SSL Policy error RemoteCertificateNameMismatch",""

WindowsLiveWriter,1.5240,None,00026,07-Feb-2011 14:27:00.021,"UpdateSemanticHtmlPreviewAsyncOperation started for blog(52b62186-7562-4ce3-91e7-7a8c648142c6)",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.5240,None,00027,07-Feb-2011 14:27:01.119,"Error attempting to download manifest from http://localhost/sequential/Content/manifest/wlwmanifest.xml: WindowsLive.Writer.Extensibility.BlogClient.BlogClientAuthenticationException: Account Login Failed - Please check your user name and password.

-
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.BlogClientBase.CreateAuthenticatedCredential()
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.BlogClientBase.Login()
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.CreateCredentialsFilter(String requestUri)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.SendAuthenticatedHttpRequest(String requestUri, Int32 timeoutMs, HttpRequestFilter filter)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Detection.WriterEditingManifest.FromDownloadInfo(WriterEditingManifestDownloadInfo downloadInfo, IBlogClient blogClient, IBlogCredentialsAccessor credentials, Boolean expectedAvailable)",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.5240,None,00028,07-Feb-2011 14:27:01.120,"WindowsLive.Writer.Extensibility.BlogClient.BlogClientAuthenticationException: Account Login Failed - Please check your user name and password.

-
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.CreateCredentialsFilter(String requestUri)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.SendAuthenticatedHttpRequest(String requestUri, Int32 timeoutMs, HttpRequestFilter filter)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Detection.BlogSettingsDetector.ExecuteHttpRequest(String requestUri, Int32 timeoutMs, HttpRequestFilter filter)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Detection.LazyHomepageDownloader.get_RawBytes()",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.5240,None,00029,07-Feb-2011 14:27:01.121,"Exception occurred attempting to download categories for weblog http://localhost/sequential: WindowsLive.Writer.Extensibility.BlogClient.BlogClientAuthenticationException: Account Login Failed - Please check your user name and password.

-
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.MetaweblogClient.MetaweblogGetCategories(String blogId)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.MetaweblogClient.GetCategories(String blogId)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Detection.BlogSettingsDetector.SafeDownloadCategories()",""

• Edited by Carlson Future Monday, February 7, 2011 8:09 PM Additional information
    Monday, February 7, 2011 7:33 PM