none
To prevent possible data loss for usercontrol RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem programming while c# form applicaton, I have a usercontrol named resulttabmodify in my program.

When I make the application I developed in release mode x64, I get the error shown in the figure below and my usercontrol design screen does not open.

There are two components that I have designed in this usercontrol (named colorprogressbar and colorslider).

when I make the work anycpu again, my usercontrol design screen opens without any problem, 

I could not solve this problem somehow, Thank you in advance for your help.

M.A.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, May 18, 2020 1:54 PM Winforms related
    Saturday, May 16, 2020 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi MSA_Aydn,

Thank you for posting here.

This is a known issue that has existed for many years, please take a look at the explanation in this link.

Could not find type 'xxx.xxx.xxx'. Please make sure that the assembly

Although there is no good solution at present, I found that even if the designer has such an error, my project can still be built successfully.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:52 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2020 2:14 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply, 

I tried the steps you suggested, unfortunately I could not find a solution. I solved the problem as follows.

I first complete my project without any problems, When I publish the project as x64, I convert it to x64 and compile it, and the project runs smoothly.but when I want to open usercontrol again, I get the same error, if I have to redesign it, I switch to anyCPU configuration. I have been able to solve it for now, in some of the solutions that have been mentioned in the forum.

It is not a very correct solution, but I can say that it is the best solution for now.

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:29 AM
    Monday, May 25, 2020 11:28 AM
  • Hi Timon,

The problem is solved by following the steps described in the link you shared.

but it is not a very good solution, I can say this is the best until I find a better solution :)

1. Change the solution to 32bit or AnyCPU
    2. Clean and rebuild the solution/project
    3. Open the GUI for editing
    4. Save, change the solution back to 64bit
    5. Clean and rebuild
    6. Run in 64bit

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:55 AM
    Monday, May 25, 2020 11:55 AM

All replies

• Try performing a clean operation then a rebuild operation by right clicking the project in solution explorer then retry running the project. Also make sure all libraries referenced in your project can run as 64 bit. 

If the above fails upload a simple project with the user control to a GitHub repository for inspection.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:13 AM
  • Hi MSA_Aydn,

Thank you for posting here.

This is a known issue that has existed for many years, please take a look at the explanation in this link.

Could not find type 'xxx.xxx.xxx'. Please make sure that the assembly

Although there is no good solution at present, I found that even if the designer has such an error, my project can still be built successfully.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:52 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2020 2:14 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply, 

I tried the steps you suggested, unfortunately I could not find a solution. I solved the problem as follows.

I first complete my project without any problems, When I publish the project as x64, I convert it to x64 and compile it, and the project runs smoothly.but when I want to open usercontrol again, I get the same error, if I have to redesign it, I switch to anyCPU configuration. I have been able to solve it for now, in some of the solutions that have been mentioned in the forum.

It is not a very correct solution, but I can say that it is the best solution for now.

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:29 AM
    Monday, May 25, 2020 11:28 AM
  • Hi Timon,

The problem is solved by following the steps described in the link you shared.

but it is not a very good solution, I can say this is the best until I find a better solution :)

1. Change the solution to 32bit or AnyCPU
    2. Clean and rebuild the solution/project
    3. Open the GUI for editing
    4. Save, change the solution back to 64bit
    5. Clean and rebuild
    6. Run in 64bit

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by MSA_Aydn Monday, May 25, 2020 11:55 AM
    Monday, May 25, 2020 11:55 AM