none
ClickOnce manifest exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have published my wpf application but when tried to install it from this location I get an error stating that Deployment manifest is not semantically valid. 

I can install application when starting setup, but if tried to install it from publish.htm it fails.

Active platform is x86 for both, debug and release.

Here is detailed log:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.296
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/igor.vuleta/Downloads/Environment%20Manager.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\igor.vuleta\Downloads\Environment Manager.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/igor.vuleta/Downloads/Environment%20Manager.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
    + Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
    + Deployment manifest identity contains missing or unsupported processor architecture.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [03/04/2013 10:57:31] : Activation of C:\Users\igor.vuleta\Downloads\Environment Manager.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [03/04/2013 10:57:31] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
    - Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/igor.vuleta/Downloads/Environment%20Manager.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestSemanticValidation)
    - Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()
    at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemantics(ManifestType manifestType)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (InvalidManifest)
    - Deployment manifest identity contains missing or unsupported processor architecture.
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi VuIgor,

Please check and try the following things.

One, open the deployment manifest with MageUI and check the Processor. If the Processor is not x86, then modify the value and resign.

Two, try to open the htm in IE rather than other third party web browser.

Three, clean and re-publish the application.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Hi, Bob

I have tried with MageUI and processor was x86, and also tried cleaning and republishing, but failed using Chrome.

Then I tried with IE and it works. Also, previous versions were upgrading normally. What is peculiar it was working with Chrome before.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards Igor

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi VuIgor,

Please check and try the following things.

One, open the deployment manifest with MageUI and check the Processor. If the Processor is not x86, then modify the value and resign.

Two, try to open the htm in IE rather than other third party web browser.

Three, clean and re-publish the application.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Hi, Bob

I have tried with MageUI and processor was x86, and also tried cleaning and republishing, but failed using Chrome.

Then I tried with IE and it works. Also, previous versions were upgrading normally. What is peculiar it was working with Chrome before.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards Igor

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:30 AM
  • If you want to install a ClickOnce application with Chrome, you need to install the Chrome add-in for ClickOnce. Chrome does not recognize the MIME types for ClickOnce, which is ironic since Google uses ClickOnce to deploy Chrome.

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev

Friday, April 5, 2013 5:47 PM
  • Hi RobinDotNet,

I have already tried with this add-in for Chrome, but failed. IE was the only browser that supports this feature. 

Regards

Igor

Monday, April 8, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Hi VuIgor,

If it works with IE, then I think this is not a ClickOnce issue. It might be the add-in issue.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Hi Bob, 

I agree with You, but this is what I've realized after started this thread. 

Regards

Igor

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:41 AM
  • publishing, review, target platform, Any CPUs
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:15 PM