none
Outlook Premium / Alternate Domain name Limitation RRS feed

• Question

• For both Outlook 365 desktop and outlook.com, Outlook does not allow meeting request email to be sent from the premium domain account which is attached to the @outlook.com account. 

Configuration:

• I have linked a domain account to my outlook.com account (an Outlook Premium feature)
    • Using the Web UI, I have configured the domain account as my default account.
    • Using both Desktop and Web UI, I can send / receive email from the domain account.
    • Neither the Desktop nor UI supports meeting requests using the domain account.

DESKTOP UI BUGS:

1) The "default account" setting is not supported in the Desktop application (a gap more than a bug).

2) The list of "from" addresses omits the domain account is when sending meeting requests.

WEB UI BUGS:

3) The "default account" is not honored when sending meeting requests (Web).

4) The "from" account list is omitted from the UI (Web), totally prohibiting the use of the "premium" domain account.

QUESTIONS:

1. Are there workarounds or configuration settings outside of the mainstream UI that can be used for? 

2. Is this a design constraint in the underlying event notification framework?

Thanks --

Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:05 PM