none
Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error on Client's laptop, I am not even deploying applicaiton on server at all and it keep coming up with

" cannot download the application. the application is missing required files. contact application vendor for assistance."

If I install it on different laptop it works fine. I can't see any reason it doing this.

Also I have ticked option "The application will not check for updates." option.

Still it coming up with same error.

Any help much appricieted.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi chiragpareek,

The error means one or more of the files listed in the application manifest cannot be found on the server.Open the application manifest and verify that you have uploaded all the deployment's dependent files.

Open the details, and check if you can find and access the missing files.

Try clean the clickonce cache and reinstall it again.

Besides, when does this issue error? Does it occur during installation or when you start it from shortcut?

Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, basically I am using VS 2008 Express edition and when I publish my application I go to Project properties--> Publish and on Updates, I write my website URL from where application need to download updates if available but On particular one machine it try to download application files from the website and come up with error " cannot download the application. the application is missing required files. contact application vendor for assistance.".

All files are in the same folder on that machine. 

I already clear cache and try to re-install but its same error. Yes it occurs during the installation.

It works fine on other machine with the same setup. If I remove URL from UPDATES, It works on that machine as well.

I just wanted to know why its not work with update URL. I did not uploaded anything on website yet.

Thanks

Chirag

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:18 PM
  • When publishing, just save it from a different location to where you've saved the vb files i.e. save the setup.exe on your desktop
    Monday, May 23, 2016 12:21 PM