Azure Storage Explorer through OpenVPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating a test environment. I have a vnet with a gateway subnet and a normal subnet. I have a vnet gateway created. Configured with a self signed cert for openvpn. For testing I created a VM in the normal subnet. When disconnected from the VPN I cannot connect to the VM. Once I connect I can. So I know the openVPN connection is working.  

I created a private endpoint on my storage container and set it so only my subnets can access the container. Before configuring I could connect to the container from my PC but after I can't even when connected to the VPN. However I can connect to it from the VM.

tldr How can I set Azure storage explorer to work through my openvpn connection?

Monday, May 18, 2020 5:04 PM

All replies

• @kennerwilson For better understanding: How are connecting your azure storage explorer?

Are you using Azure Stack Hub Subscription or Storage account?

What happens when you try to connect? Do you get any error message or error code? If so, can you please share the screen shot?

You may also refer to this article Different ways of connecting Azure Storage Explorer 

If you are using ASDK, if you're connecting to your ASDK via VPN, don't use the root certificate (CA.cer) that was created during the VPN setup process. This is a DER-encoded certificate and it won't allow Storage Explorer to retrieve your Azure Stack Hub subscriptions. Use the following steps to export a Base-64 encoded certificate to use with Storage Explorer.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 10:06 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:16 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:14 AM