Trouble manually setting up a clickonce deployment. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi gang.

I'm using trying to deploy an application using clickonce but I'm having trouble. It worked last time but this time around it's not cooperating. Here's the deal.

I'm using VC++ 2005 Express edition so I have to do the deployment manifests and application manifests manually. I've created both manifests with mageui.exe. When I try to run the deployment to test it I get an error that says "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files..."

The log is showing the following details about the error:

"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and settings\....My Documents\MachineListing\MachineListing\MachineListing.exe.manifest"

mageui seems to be putting in an extra "\MachineListing" in the path. Then the deployment can't find the path.

I've double checked dependencies and all that stuff, and have reviewed and double checked all of my inputs. I can't figure it out. HELP!!! (please).

Dan

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:51 PM

All replies

•  

Doesn't the Express version of Visual Studio support ClickOnce deployment? If you bring up the project properties, is there no Publish tab?

Can you tell what your have filled in for your publish path and installation url?

RobinS.

GoldMail.com

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:11 PM