• Question

• Hi,

I want to show and edit a byte array in Property grid,

any one can help

Regards,

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi a_e_s,

If you are using byte[], it will be Byte Array Property Editor when you click the Ellipsis(VisualStudioEllipsesButton screenshot) button in Property Grid. It displays the message in a read-only format matching the selected display mode according to the MSDN library.

You could try to use List<byte> instead, it will show Byte Collection Editor which you can add or remove bytes in it.

If there are anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:37 AM

All replies

• By default you can do this, I think.  A property of type byte[] shows in PropertyGrid as an expandable list of items.  Is this not sufficient for you?  Explain further.

Jose R. MCP
    Code Samples

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Hi a_e_s,

If you are using byte[], it will be Byte Array Property Editor when you click the Ellipsis(VisualStudioEllipsesButton screenshot) button in Property Grid. It displays the message in a read-only format matching the selected display mode according to the MSDN library.

You could try to use List<byte> instead, it will show Byte Collection Editor which you can add or remove bytes in it.

If there are anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:37 AM