none
Cannot download application. Application is missing required files. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I tried to install the program which was published using clickonce publishing technology and when I attempted to load the Software it told me, "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance."

What do I need to do? Where is the problem? Its little urgent.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:59 AM

Answers

•  

Hi rk_garimella,

Based on my understanding, this error occurs when one or more of the files listed in the application manifest cannot be found on the server. I would suggest you open the application manifest in a text editor and verify that you have uploaded all the deployment's dependent files.

For more information, please check the following link:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229001.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Best regards.
    Rong-Chun Zhang

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi

while it prompts the message isnt it showing ok and details button did u checked wats error message in details

button. Please post wat error message you see in that details

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:54 PM
  •  

Hi rk_garimella,

Based on my understanding, this error occurs when one or more of the files listed in the application manifest cannot be found on the server. I would suggest you open the application manifest in a text editor and verify that you have uploaded all the deployment's dependent files.

For more information, please check the following link:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229001.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Best regards.
    Rong-Chun Zhang

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:57 AM
  • the details contain the following text.Its urgent, could you please help asap :

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
        Windows             : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
        Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.1
        System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        dfshim.dll             : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
        Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Gaurav/Downloads/WindowsFormsApplication1.application

ERROR SUMMARY
        Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
        * Activation of C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
            + Downloading file:///C:/Users/Gaurav/Downloads/WindowsFormsApplication1.application did not succeed.
            + Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application'.
            + Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
        No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
        There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
        * [29-Jul-11 10:09:23 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
        Following errors were detected during this operation.
        * [29-Jul-11 10:09:23 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
            - Downloading file:///C:/Users/Gaurav/Downloads/WindowsFormsApplication1.application did not succeed.
            - Source: System.Deployment
            - Stack trace:
                at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
                at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
                at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
                at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
                at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
                at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
                at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
                at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
            --- Inner Exception ---
            System.Net.WebException
            - Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application'.
            - Source: System
            - Stack trace:
                at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
                at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
                at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
            --- Inner Exception ---
            System.Net.WebException
            - Could not find file 'C:\Users\Gaurav\Downloads\WindowsFormsApplication1.application'.
            - Source: System
            - Stack trace:
                at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
                at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
            --- Inner Exception ---
            System.IO.FileNotFoundException
            - Source: mscorlib
            - Stack trace:
                at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
                at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
                at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
        No transaction information is available.

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:25 AM
  • I had the same problem, i was giving wrongly the Publishing Folder, for example...

Now i give ftp://ftp.domain.com,
    Before, ftp://ftp.domain.com/ApplicationName/.

In my Case i have updating it to a FTP site, the FTP given user have privileges on the folder ApplicationName/... this means that you dont need to specify it in the Publishing Folder Textbox...

If after publish your application dont shows you the installation page in the web browser, it means that you have a wrong parameter, if you can see this page all the installation will be ok.

Grettings from Saltillo, Mexico
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:32 PM
  • Use Internet Explorer
    Friday, July 8, 2016 8:45 AM
  • hi 

make sure that an administrator has configured PerformancePoint Services before you attempt to open and use Dashboard Designer.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:23 AM
  • Make sure you launch SSRS by "Run As Administrator"

Make your default browser as Internet Explorer specifically from Internet Option : https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17435/windows-internet-explorer-make-default-browser

Try then.

[Opening SSRS URL in Chrome. Getting link from there and pasting IE will not work]

• Proposed as answer by Paweł Gruba Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:07 PM
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:47 AM
  • Hi all, so I noticed I was 11 years late, but for those still wondering:

So I reset my PC because it was too slow. I backed up my photos onto OneDrive and refreshed it completely. After setting it back up, I noticed Internet Explorer was my default browser. I spent countless hours trying to fix the problem up above when it hit me.

Here is how I did it.

I downloaded FireFox on Internet Explorer. Once I was on that browser, I downloaded Chrome and there was no problemo.

Simple. Example: Open Internet Explorer, type in the bar, "FireFox." Follow the instructions! Then, once you have FireFox downloaded, then use that to download Google Chrome, which takes roughly five minutes.

Hope this helps!

Amelia.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:31 AM
  • Hi, I got the same problem as you and i try to find the soluation for around 2-3 hours. And you give me a fast and effective soluation to take me out from the stupid IE to Chrome. Thank you very much.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:57 PM