locked
MSMQ messages disappear when they get to remote server RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have to create a MSMQ messaging mechanism between two servers in the same domain, SenderServer (MS Server 2012) and ReceiverServer (MS Server 2008 R2).

    I created a private, transactional queue in ReceiverServer .\private$\receiver, I gave receive (and peek) message rights to system and administrators.

    I then created a client application that creates and forwards messages to the queue by using the following code:

    MessageQueue queue = new queue("FormatName:Direct=OS:ReceiverServer\private$\receiver");
        Message message = new Message();
        message.Body = "myMessage";
            
        using (MessageQueueTransaction tx = new MessageQueueTransaction())
        {
          tx.Begin();
          queue.Send(message, "myLabel", tx);
          tx.Commit();
        }

    Before deploying the application, I tested it from my machine (Windows 7) that correctly creates an outgoing queue Direct=OS:ReceiverServer\private$\receiver with State:Connected and Connection History:Connection is ready to transfer messages.
    The messages are correctly sent to the ReceiverServer and placed in the \private$\receiver queue. The End2End log of the ReceiverServer for every message logs two events:

     1. Message came over network (EventId: 4)
     2. Message with `ID CN=msmq, CN=[mymachinename], CN=Computers, DC=[domain], DC=[other]` was put into queue `ReceiverServer\private$\receiver` (EventId: 1)

    Then I used the client application from within the SenderServer using the same code. The server correctly creates an outgoing queue Direct=OS:ReceiverServer\private$\receiver with State:Connected and Connection History:Connection is ready to transfer messages, I can see the message queuing up and be sent but I do not receive them in the remote *ReceiverServer* queue `.\private$\receiver`. If I check the *End2End event log* of the *ReceiverServer* I just see the first message (Message came over network (EventId: 4)) but the message is not placed in the queue.

    I turned off firewalls from both machines, changed the authorization settings for the queue and tried the following endpoint for the queues:

     - `FormatName:Direct=OS:[IPv6 address]\private$\receiver`
     - `FormatName:Direct=TCP:ReceiverServer\private$\receiver`
     - `FormatName:Direct=TCP:[IPv6 address]\private$\receiver`

    With no luck. The troubleshooting process and the documentation from Microsoft are really general and simplistic, therefore I decided to ask here because for me is a dead end.

    • Edited by Trinakriae Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:22 PM