none
Sign clickone manifest RRS feed

• Question

• After signing the click one manifest and build the Office 2010 VSTO project, I can't see the Digital Signature Tab in the Properties of vsto or DLL. Then How we can verify that this dll is digitally signed?

I signed the DLL using "signcode.exe"  and when I tried to install the outlook add-in , then it displayed the

below error message "has a different computed hash than specified in manifest"

Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Biju,

One way to check whether the dll is digitally signed is to use Bootstrapper Manifest Generator tool.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/bmg

You can go to File -> New -> Package Mnifest. Right click on Package and select Add Install File. You can locate the dll and then find Public Key in Security tab.

SignCode.exe is only shipped with .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1, I suggest you to try SignTool.exe to sign the files. You can sign dll when post-build or pre-publish. Pre-publish is more preferred.

http://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/windows-8-and-clickonce-the-definitive-answer-2/

If you signed the dll, you need to use mage or mageUI to re-sign the application manifest and deployment manifest, or you may get different hash error.

Best regards,

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information for your  convenience. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Biju P Mathew Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:01 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Biju,

One way to check whether the dll is digitally signed is to use Bootstrapper Manifest Generator tool.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/bmg

You can go to File -> New -> Package Mnifest. Right click on Package and select Add Install File. You can locate the dll and then find Public Key in Security tab.

SignCode.exe is only shipped with .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1, I suggest you to try SignTool.exe to sign the files. You can sign dll when post-build or pre-publish. Pre-publish is more preferred.

http://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/windows-8-and-clickonce-the-definitive-answer-2/

If you signed the dll, you need to use mage or mageUI to re-sign the application manifest and deployment manifest, or you may get different hash error.

Best regards,

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information for your  convenience. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Biju P Mathew Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:01 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 6:11 AM
  • Hi Chaster,

Thanks for you help. Appreciated.  It worked for me. I used signtool.exe instead of signcode.exe and resigned the manifest using mage. Earlier I used mage2.0 version to  re-sign and It was my mistake. This time I go through all the documentation carefully and I used mage 4.0 to resign the application and deployment manifest and it worked.  

Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:08 PM