Remove My Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum,

Is it possible to remove this (my) social TechNet account, this one I'm posting from? I am about to get a new email address, and wish to reset, or make new, accounts with my new details.

Thanks and regards,

nj-c

Cods Wallop

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a new profile when you open a new Microsoft account with your new email address.

It's also possible to have your current profile moved over to this new account, if you wish (AFAIK at least). That way you'll be logging in with your updated account details, but you won't lose your profile history (such as your 'My threads' information). Based on threads I've read, the easiest way to start this process is to use the Site Feedback link at the bottom of this page (I've included a link, just in case you're viewing this thread in MSDN branding, which doesn't show the link I'm talking about).

If you don't intend to use your current account any longer, you can close it by logging into outlook.com and choosing 'Account settings'. There will be a link at the bottom of the page that you can use to close your account (which I assume will remove your profile, I've never actually needed to do this myself).

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,420+ strong and growing)

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:39 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:38 AM