none
Is there a "ScrollBox" type control? RRS feed

• Question

• In Delphi, there is a ScrollBox control that you can place on a form and then place gazillions of controls inside it; it will scroll, so that you can keep the size of the containing form to a reasonable size. Is there such an animal in Visual Studio? I don't see one...form does not seem to have a ScrollBars property, nor does Panel control, so...what is there?
    Delphi ancient/C# newbie
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:18 PM

Answers

• Clay Shannon said:

form does not seem to have a ScrollBars property, nor does Panel control, so...what is there?

Delphi ancient/C# newbie

What Panel are you using?  Use the Panel from the toolbox and set AutoScroll to true.
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:15 PM

All replies

• Clay Shannon said:

form does not seem to have a ScrollBars property, nor does Panel control, so...what is there?

Delphi ancient/C# newbie

What Panel are you using?  Use the Panel from the toolbox and set AutoScroll to true.
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:15 PM
  • I'm using the Panel control. I was looking for a "Scrollbars" property, and didn't notice the "AutoScroll" property at first.

However, I tried that and tired of that: it does allow me to set the height of the panel larger than the form's height, but when I try to drop labels on the extended part of the panel, it won't allow me to, or the labels won't be visible.

Maybe tabs are the way to go...
    Delphi ancient/C# newbie
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:06 PM