none
Crystal Reports Error In VS 2008/MS Access 2013 W/ PW RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to generate Crystal Reports but I am getting this error: "Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user."

My .mdb is password protected. I tried to remove the password and generate Crystal Reports and it worked, but if I put the password back in, I am getting the above error. Any ideas? 
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:25 AM

All replies

• Use SetLogon property to set password

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14997/Change-Crystal-Report-Connection-at-Runtime-in-Vis

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft MVP | Microsoft Community Contributor

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:31 PM
  • Sorry, I think this will not work as I am getting this error during setup of Crystal Reports
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:53 PM
  • Hi astrid22,

I'm not sure how do you connect to the database, that means I have no idea that how do you spell your connection string.

We were usually getting this error when trying to connect to a password protected access file.

This is what the connection string looked like

string conString =@"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source="Path to your access file";User Id=;Password=password";

To fix the issue this is what we did

string conString =@"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source="Path to your access file";Jet OLEDB:Database Password=password";

Please removed the User id and changed the password to Jet OLEDB:Database Password.

Also there is a similar link as below:

Cannot Start your application.The Workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:57 AM
  • Hi Stanly, sorry here's my connection string currently:

Public AConn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source= |DataDirectory|/QuizMaster.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=password1;")

This is in my module.. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi astrid22,

Sorry for my late reply.

Have you tried to change:

Data Source= |DataDirectory|/QuizMaster.mdb;

To:

Data Source=\\pep-home\projects\billing\autobilling\DPBilling2.mdb;

That means set it to a specific physical path.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:53 AM