Source decode error while playing videos RRS feed

• Question

• I hv recently updated my Lumia to wp8.1 but now I'm having this strange issue wherein I can't play most of the videos and source decode error pops up. How can this issue be fixed? Or I'll have to wait for an official update
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 7:56 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem. Yesterday was everything ok, but today i can't watch any video online
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:14 PM
  • Hello:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having watching videos.  I do not believe I have seen other reports of this so I would like to gather a bit of information.  Anyone that is having this issue, I encourage you to vote for this thread and post the following details.

• Make and model of phone.
    • Current OS version.
    • Current firmware revision.
    • Country you are located in.
    • Exact word for word error message including any error codes.
    • Platform used to watch the videos, Xbox Video, Internet Explorer, other third party application.
    • If you are having this issue with IE, what specific sites are giving you this error?
    • If you are using Xbox Video, please provide details regarding the files you are using, MP4, WMV, streaming video, etc...?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Hello
    I have a htc phone 8s and after the upgrade to windows 8.1 I have a problem with video playback. After trying to rewind the video displays the message "decode error". Any ideas?
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hello All:

I just wanted to bump this thread and encourage anyone having this issue to post here with the details requested in my previous chat.  I would also suggest you vote for this thread.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:48 AM
  • I am having the same errors playing both you tube video from the you tube app and you tube video from browser

• Make and model of phone.   LUMIA 520
    • Current OS version.            Windows 8.1 preview for developer  8.1.12393.890
    • Current firmware revision.    3056.40000.1402.0001
    • Country you are located in.   USA
    • Exact word for word error message including any error codes.  Decode Error
    • Platform used to watch the videos, Xbox Video, Internet Explorer, other third party application.  Internet Explorer for windows phone
    • If you are having this issue with IE, what specific sites are giving you this error?  You tube
    • If you are using Xbox Video, please provide details regarding the files you are using, MP4, WMV, streaming video, etc...?

• Edited by dh_12 Monday, June 9, 2014 2:59 PM
    • Proposed as answer by yazoozay Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:20 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by yazoozay Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:20 PM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 2:52 PM
  •  I have same issue with you tube, via browser or apps!

• Make and model of phone.   LUMIA 625
    • Current OS version.            Windows 8.1 preview for developer  8.1.12397.895
    • Current firmware revision.    3056.40000.1349.2002
    • Country you are located in.   Bulgaria, but at the moment I'm in Greece, Crete island
    • Exact word for word error message including any error codes.  Decode Error
    • Platform used to watch the videos, Xbox Video, Internet Explorer, other third party application.  Internet Explorer for windows phone, google chrome app, youtube apps
    • If you are having this issue with IE, what specific sites are giving you this error?  You tube 

Seems its not only me. Hope there's gonna be solution to the problem soon?!

Best regards

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:39 PM
  • I have the same issue with Youtube videos, decode error using Lumia 920, Windows 8.1, USA,
    Saturday, July 26, 2014 4:08 PM
  • NOKIA LUMIA 625 wp 8.1 aggiornato LUGLIO 2014

S. O. 8.10.12393.890

firmware 3058.50000.1424.0005

ITALIA

I. E.

www.video.mediaset.it

Prima dell'aggiornamento tutto ok

grazie per soluzione

Sunday, July 27, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Its because of the fact that its just a preview you have to wait now for official release because you can not degrade once you updated to 8.1 preview now the thing only you can do is wait as i m doing my nokia lumia 920 has became unresponsive after updating to 8.1 preview i took the phone to nokia official customer care centre and they said only thing you can do is wait.
    Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:03 PM