MSMQ in future windows versions RRS feed

• Question

• We are planning to implement a solution based on MSMQ, but before we start this path, we would like to make sure that MSMQ will continue to be a part of Windows Server. Can anybody tell me if MSMQ is included in Windows Server 2016, or does anyone know i Microsoft has released any information on the lifespan of the product?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:59 AM

All replies

• Yes MSMQ is I'm  the Windows Server 2016 edition.  Access to the GUI to configure the queues has moved to the 'Computer Mangement' and then under Services and Applications.  We have some MSMQ solutions using  MSMQ Triggers from Restful services that work very well. They are currently hosted on WIN 2008 server and we are in the process of rehosting to 2016 

We certainly hope support continues because spooling up a non MSMQ alternative is much more costly.   Azure has some form of messaging but not available to me

andrew

• Proposed as answer by andrewcw Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:08 PM
    Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:07 PM
  • The .NET Core team announced that they are not porting system.messaging to Windows compatibility pack.  This means it's dead in the .NET world.  Refer to issue 6024 in the .NET Core github for the definitive answer from MS (links are blocked so I can't link to it).

Monday, December 16, 2019 2:21 PM