none
Visual Studio 2015 issue RRS feed

• Question

• I was using visual studio 2010 on win7 just upgraded to win 10 and installed viusal studio 2015 community and while i was trying to open my form designer it gived this error. But i can debug and run project without any problem.

Me.ITalkClose1.Transparent = False
    The designer cannot process the code at line 169, please see the Task List for details. The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the design

How can i fix that ? Thanks

Saturday, August 1, 2015 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is not a VB.NET issue but instead either a forms issue or an issue with Visual Studio and could possibly be a bug but with an upgrade it's unclear so I am moving your question to the Visual Studio forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Hi Virinom,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

You mean that when you upgrade a windows form project from VS2010 to VS2015 Community on Windows 10 machine and then you open this form designer, you get the above error message, am I right?

If yes, I suggest you could try to create a simple windows form project and then open this form designer check if you get some issue.

(1) If you get same issue in a new form designer, maybe you will need to repair or re-install this VS2015 Community check this issue.

(2) However, if you are only get the issue for the upgraded form designer, we will find the specific forum help you solve this issue.

So please try the above suggestion to check this issue and share me latest message about your issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

First thanks for reply.

There is no problem when i create new windows form application also i tried add new form my current project and again no problem. There is custom a theme and theme's user controls in my not opening form. It has lots of control and i don't wanna make the same design with adding a new form. 

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:39 PM
  • Hi Virinom,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said that you could not open form for theme's user controls, so I think that the issue is related to the windows form control, we will move this case to the windows form forum, you will get better support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:43 AM
  • Hi Virinom,

--> There is custom a theme and theme's user controls in my not opening form.

Could you share the theme and user control with us, we could reproduce the issue and help you better.

--> The designer cannot process the code at line 169

I find it is a known issue which has been submitted in the connect site: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/536854/the-designer-cannot-process-the-code-at-line-line-num.

The microsoft engineer has providered a workaround you could refer to.

I'd recommend setting your project to be "localizable" in the properties grid, which should work around the issue for you by extracting out the problem areas into a resource file.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:49 AM
  • Here is my theme.vb and frmMain.resx files. I uploaded it on pastebin due to 60k char limit.

Theme.vb > http://pastebin.com/PPuAGEzq

frmMain.resx > http://pastebin.com/vqNQrSdL

I set localizable property to true from my old machine which has Visual Studio 2010. I can't open properties grid from Visual Studio 2015 because i can't open designer.

Thanks.

• Edited by Virinom Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:33 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you can't open properties grid from VS2015?

If so, I think the issue is not caused by code, it is VS2015. I suggest you could download the new version of vs2015, then reinstall it.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:40 AM