none
Windows 10 couldn't be installed. RRS feed

• Question

• Several years ago when the Free Win10 upgrade came along, it was downloaded and installed.  It tanked some apps that I use for work so I reverted it back.  I've been getting the prompt ever since.  I changed, I think....the GPO to auto install so it wouldn't install.  I was attempting to just run the install but can't now.  

Is the download still on my PC?  If so, why can't I install?

Monday, January 20, 2020 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Mikelue,

I'm not sure if I can understand your situation.
    If you're using Windows 7 or 8.1, you can upgrade to Windows 10 still now.
    Please refer to the article: Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

• Proposed as answer by Ashidacchi Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:50 AM
  • Microsoft has stopped the support for Windows 7 since Jan 14, 2020 and offered ways to win 7 users to tackle with this situation.

You can either upgrade to windows 10 by purchasing it from Authorized Microsoft Store or Download the ISO from the Microsoft Site

If you still want to continue using windows 7 then you have to purchase the Extended security update(ESU) for Windows 7.

Another option can be moving to Azure platform. Microsoft has recently launched azure windows virtual desktop which can support windows 7 also with security updates.

After all its your choice. I would still recommend you to upgrade to windows 10. If you are getting a specific error while windows 10 installation or upgrade then you are pitch in here we are there to help you.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:43 PM
  • Thank you Akshay - I hadn't heard of Azure.  I will surely look into it and post my adventures. :)

Mike Luedtke

Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:44 PM
  • Thank you Ashidacchi - I'm going to try this first.  I have five Win 7 laptops and PCs to deal with.  It's been a while since I've jumped into the tech arena so here goes. :)

Mike Luedtke

Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:46 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Could you install/upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:47 AM