Editing Visio file after exporting from Bizagi modeler RRS feed

• Question

• I made a BPMN diagram in Bizagi modeler because I was waiting for a Visio license at work and when I was finished, I exported the diagram as a Visio file from Bizagi.

When I opened it in Visio, I was able to move arrows and edit texts but I am not able to move tasks, events, or gateways and I'm not able to change task type from none to send/receive.

Every time I try to change task type, add new tasks etc, I get a pop-up message: "An unspecified error occurred".

Has anyone experienced this? I'm not sure if I should start from scratch and draw it up again or not because I'm handing it over to coworkers that do not have as much Visio experience.

Please advise

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please send this file to others, check whether this issue could be reproduced.

When other users could not add new tasks or change task type either, maybe there is something wrong with the drawing. Please backup the file first, then try the following steps.

1. Save the drawing as other format file.

2. It's recommended to use the 'Copy Drawing' command to copy each page into a page in a new drawing. 

• Make sure that nothing in the drawing is selected.
    • On the Home tab, under the Clipboard group, click Copy.
    • Open the Visio file in which you want to embed the drawing, and then on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste.

More detailed information, please refer to "How to troubleshoot damaged drawings in Visio".

3. When nothing helps, I am afraid you need to start from scratch in Visio.

But when other users edit the drawing smoothly, please test other drawings with other templates on your computer.

1. I suggest you go to File > Options > Add-ins > Manage, COM add-ins > Go, clear check boxes for any enabled COM add-ins, select OK.

2. Besides, repair Visio from Control Panel to check this issue.

This "Visio General Questions and Answers for IT Professionals” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Emily

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. 

Regards,

Emily

We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    Friday, July 17, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. 

To help close this thread, would you please mark the replies as answers if they are helpful? Your action would also help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Emily

Monday, July 27, 2020 9:03 AM