none
Bug On ContextMenuStrip VB 2010..? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends

I Defined contextmenuStrip, and add menu items,

After all i decide to change AUTOCLOSE to False.

What hppended, it delete all the menu Items from List Only,But it is in Properties Panel object combo.

if I select, it is showing all properties of the mnu item, but nothing is highlighted in the designer form.

Again i can not define with same name, it is saying already in.That is right.

Problem is, How do i remove the mnu Item from the properties panel.

Please

Thanks

• Edited by Reddiyar Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:39 AM
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 6:40 AM

All replies

• Dear Friends

I Defined contextmenuStrip, and add menu items,

After all i decide to change AUTOCLOSE to False.

What hppended, it delete all the menu Items from List Only,But it is in Properties Panel object combo.

if I select, it is showing all properties of the mnu item, but nothing is highlighted in the designer form.

Hi Reddiyar,

First, I don't think set property in Properties Windows will delete menu item. Nor can I reproduce this issue.

Second, why would there should something highlighted if you open the Properties Windows?

Third, you can not remove any item from Properties Window.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hello Bob wu,

Thanks for response.

1.I defined ContextMenuStrip1, with five menu items.If I press EditItems(Items->Collection), then List showed all menu items.

2.Now ContextMenuStrip1, EditItems, List Shows Blank and Under ContextMenustrip1, no items showing.I do not know, how it is happended. 3.But The menu items shows in Properties panel Object Combo.If I select the particular menu item, it shows the property grid.

4.Common, If we select any object(Control) in the properties combo, it automatically highlight in the designer form.

5.In my case, if i select menuItems in Property combo, it is not highlighting any controls in the designer form, because Under contextmenuStrip1, nothing is showing.

My Problem, I want to remove the that problamatic menu items,how..?. Thanks

• Edited by Reddiyar Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:19 AM
  • Hi Reddiyar,

Thank you for the detail description.

Could you please copy info from About Microsoft Visual Studio dialog and post the information here?

I test this on several machines but none of them can reproduce this issue. Please try the following things.

One, upgrade Visual Studio to date.

Two, try reopen Visual Studio.

What's more,  could you please test if you can reproduce this issue on a new project? If you can, I suggest you to send a feedback to Microsoft Connect.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:51 AM