How can I check the bitness of outlook while installing the Add-in setup? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've an outlook addin installer for outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2015. Its working fine. Right now I've two installers for 64bit and 32bit. This also working fine. Here my problem is if I try to install the 32bit Addin installer in a machine, which have 64bit outlook, my addin will easily install. I don't want to install like this. My Aim is When I try to install 32bit installer in a machine which have 64bit outlook is installed, it will show an error message and skip the installation.

Can i check this in setup project (launch condition) or need to add custom action project?

Thanks in advance

Bobbin

Monday, September 26, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Bobbin,

>> Can i check this in setup project (launch condition) or need to add custom action project?

Based on your previous thread How can I check the bitness of outlook?, could you check the registry entry of Outlook according the suggestion from Eugene? If you could, I think you could try Registry launch condition to search the Outlook registry, if not exist, it could popup a Message and the installation will be terminated.

You could refer the link below for more information.

# How to: Add a Registry Launch Condition

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4awx1f1d(v=vs.100).aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:51 AM