vision math equation RRS feed

• Question

• cannot add equations in visio, have tried different actions, where ever i go i cannot locate the tool to insert equations into shapes in vsio
    Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Matteo,

It's true that there is no such build-in Equation Editor in Visio. Equation Editor 3.0 is no longer supported in newer versions of Office/Visio because of security issues with its implementation. For more information, read Equation Editor.

Based on my knowledge, you can insert a Word document object in Visio to create equations/formulas:

In addition, you can create the equations/formulas in Word/MathType, then either copy it and paste(you may need use the paste option "Paste Special") it into Visio, or select it and drag it over to your diagram.

You may need to use non-math text to get rid of messy code:

Moreover,  I also suggest you use screenshot for equation as a workaround.

Hope the information was helpful. If you have any update, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:57 AM
  • Hi Matteo,

Is there any update?

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:03 AM