none
TableLayoutPanel Column Ordering on Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• We an application targeting .net 4.0 and it contains a user control written in vb.net that uses a TableLayoutPanel with some regular toolbox controls in the cells.

On opening in VS2010 in Windows 7x64 it shows the correctly ordered columns and when compiled it shows correctly on Windows 7 and all windows versions prior to that, however on windows 8 the columns are mixed up.

If i then open the same source code/file in Windows 8x64 the column order is mixed up in the designer, if i correct it and recompile it shows correctly in windows 8 but is then mixed up again in all previous OS's. So i cant compile in one os or the other and get correct results in both.

There appears to be a bug with either VS2010's designer on windows 8 or an issue with windows 8 itself?

I have posted this on stackoverflow as well and included a screenshot and a fuller description (Post with Screenshot)

Please help, we make use of this user control all over our application and issue this means we;
       a) cant support windows 8; and
       b) will have to advise all of our customers not to buy windows 8!

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:50 AM

Answers

• Have got a response from connect and they say its been reproduced and fixed in 4.5 of dotnet (as of jan 8th 2013)

I will have to upgrade our app to use that version of the framework.

Ive not tested thier answer yet but ill mark this as resolved to close the case.

• Marked as answer by mattryan1 Friday, January 18, 2013 8:58 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 8:58 AM

All replies