Windows Phone 8.1: SD Card not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have installed the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview yesterday after the install was fixed.

Since this update i cannot acces to any SD Card. The device shows "SD card not found" in the storage sense. I have tried other SD cards, but the device can't find them and all are working fine in other devices. I also formated my SD card.

I would be very happy if someone can help me or tell that I'm not alone with this issue.

Device:

• Model: HUAWEI W1-U00
    • Software: Windows Phone 8.1
    • OS Version: 8.10.12382.878
    • Firmware revesion number: 1030.5614.00000.06030
    • Hardware revesion number: HD1U8835M Ver.B
    • Chip SOC version: 8230
    • Screen resolution: 480x800

Thank You for any kind of help.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:55 PM

All replies

• same problem for me

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:49 PM
  • I hope Microsoft will read and fix this ....
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:23 PM
  • If you turn on the phone, connect it to your phone charger, remove the battery (the phone should stay turned on), remove the SD Card and reinsert SD card and battery then the phone should recognise it.

Unfortunately, when the phone is restarted the same error will occur but it is still better than nothing...

• Proposed as answer by Andrew Eves Friday, May 16, 2014 6:40 AM
    • Edited by Andrew Eves Friday, May 16, 2014 6:43 AM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:46 PM
  • It works.

But i still hope Microsoft will fix this issue.

Thank you very much.

Friday, May 16, 2014 1:58 PM
  • I would never have thought it is even possible to run the phone without battery.

Thank you so much for this workaround!

Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:44 PM
  • I have the same problem with a huawei w1..... 
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:53 PM
  • If you turn on the phone, connect it to your phone charger, remove the battery (the phone should stay turned on), remove the SD Card and reinsert SD card and battery then the phone should recognise it.

Unfortunately, when the phone is restarted the same error will occur but it is still better than nothing...

Thanks bro! totally worked! (:
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:42 PM
  • I really hope what microsoft fix this inssue, because  huawei is not friendly helping users, right now i have the same issue and microsoft not say anything about it, they should be working but it not seems like that. All huawei w1 have this problem but the chinenses firmware. i was really happy about install apps on sd card. using the trick "reiserting card while the phone is ON" i think what i broken two sd card, because it work at the start but after few days it are not readble. im really sad.
    Monday, July 14, 2014 11:25 PM
  • It works! Thank you very much!
    Friday, July 25, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Any new about this big problem? i have my huawei w1 practicaly without any app because the poor internal memory
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:33 AM