none
How To Fix SQL Database Error 824 ? RRS feed

• Question

• My data is reported this error, I have to fix the error because you only need help.

Error on My Computer

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0xaaaaaaaa; actual signature: 0x5555aaaa). It occurred during a read of page (1:210768) in database ID 7 at offset 0x00000066ea0000 in file 'G:\Database\MyData.mdf'.  Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
    During redoing of a logged operation in database 'MyData', an error occurred at log record ID (30182:834:13). Typically, the specific failure is previously logged as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database from a full backup, or repair the database.
    Could not open new database 'MyData'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 824)

Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• My data is reported this error, I have to fix the error because you only need help.

Error on My Computer

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0xaaaaaaaa; actual signature: 0x5555aaaa). It occurred during a read of page (1:210768) in database ID 7 at offset 0x00000066ea0000 in file 'G:\Database\MyData.mdf'.  Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
    During redoing of a logged operation in database 'MyData', an error occurred at log record ID (30182:834:13). Typically, the specific failure is previously logged as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database from a full backup, or repair the database.
    Could not open new database 'MyData'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 824)

Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:59 AM
  • Does it work if you create the new database on other disks, such as C: or D:?

Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:29 AM
  • It does not work, it has a yellow ladder and triangle, does not remove data, does not see the data table, everything does not work in SQL Server Management Studio
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, your issue is more related to SQL Server. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce. So, I will move this thread to corresponding forum: SQL Server Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:33 AM
  • This means that your database is corrupted. Corruption does not happen out of thin air, but is always due to malfunctioning hardware. Often the culprit is the I/O subsystem, but it can also be a bad memory stick. Unclean shutdown in case of a power failure can cause this.

The correct way to deal with this is to first locallise the malfunctioning component so it can be replaced. That is not always that simple, unless you know there was something special like a power failure. Depending on your situation, it may be better to move to an entirely new machine and consider the old machine to be tainted.

Once you have done this, you restore a clean backup of the database. When you have done this, you should issue this command:

ALTER DATABASE db SET PAGE_VERIFY CHECKSUM

Right now you have torn-page detection which is an older and weaker algorithm, which means that you can have more corruption you would have had if you had checksum verification.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

• Proposed as answer by Shanky_621MVP Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:55 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:38 AM
  • Kindly do not raise duplicate threads. See answer given by Erland Sommarskog

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:56 AM
  • The cause of the above error is a sudden power outage, I don't know how to fix them and I can't find the Microsoft company's software tools or applications to fix this, do you know to fix this error ? how ?

Admin deleted the topic of the same name on winform, I don't know how to delete

Friday, July 5, 2019 4:23 AM
  • Hi lamtriendong,

Would you please follow the steps  in the link below to fix your issue: How to Troubleshoot SQL Database Error 824?

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 5, 2019 5:39 AM
  • The cause of the above error is a sudden power outage, I don't know how to fix them and I can't find the Microsoft company's software tools or applications to fix this, do you know to fix this error ? how ?

Good to know that you have identified the cause for the corruption.

Did you run DBCC CHECKDB on the database? That should give you the repair level needed. If it says REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS, you should find your most recent clean backup.

Friday, July 5, 2019 8:28 AM
  • I have not used DBCC CHECKDB because I do not know how to use DBCC CHECKDB, how are the steps taken, you know how to use them ? Do you have this video click this DBCC CHECKDB manual ?
    Monday, July 8, 2019 4:27 AM
  • DBCC CHECKDB(yourproblematicdb)

• Marked as answer by lamtriendong Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:03 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Thank you very much for fixing it
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:03 AM
  • I found an informative article to Fix SQL server error 824. For complete details the user can refer: https://www.sqlserverlogexplorer.com/sql-error-824/
    Friday, August 23, 2019 5:26 AM