Document Review workflow RRS feed

• Question

• We are using SP 2013 to manage our Policies.  We use a standard approval workflow to approve/publish policies, but we are unsure how to handle the review process.

We can trigger review notification emails every 1, 2 or 3 years, but the problem I have is that the policies were all put into a single Library and we only setup 2 document types and used term sets for categories...etc  

Example: we have 1 year policies (need to be reviewed every 1 year) and then we use termsets to manage the categories, so we might have Admission, Payroll, HR types of policies.

My issue is I know I can run a review workflow against all 1 year policies, but is it possible to direct the review emails to the appropriate person (i.e. HR-->HR manager, PP-->Payroll Manager...etc) 

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, it’s possible.

Also, you can send review notification email to corresponding users depend on document type column value.

In approval workflow, you can judge the document type and send email to correct user.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, July 18, 2016 12:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Demers Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:52 PM
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel- sure you can, but you would either need a list of approvers or include a column with the approver's name or email. Then you can retrieve the person's info. to use in the workflow.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, it’s possible.

Also, you can send review notification email to corresponding users depend on document type column value.

In approval workflow, you can judge the document type and send email to correct user.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Daniel Demers Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:52 PM
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:00 AM