none
Tab order problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Guys,

I am developing a context menu application to display popup window when a user right clicks a file in explorer and selects a menu. It works in a way similar to  a winzip context menu.  You can right click the file and zip it by selecting a menu.

The pop up window was built by using Window Form and tab order of its controls were set in VS 2017. However, whenever I used tab key to try to move to next control such as a text box, it always goes to another program opened in Windows. I also created a  standalone test application and the tab order just works fine. 

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There is not much we can do without seeing the form code along with what properties have been set in the IDE vs code.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:29 PM
  • Hi Michael OC,

In my test, the tab order works fine. Here is the specific code:

public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            this.ContextMenuStrip = contextMenuStrip1;
        }

private void OpenToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Form2 form2 = new Form2();
            form2.Show();
        }

To handle the problem you are experiencing efficiently, it would be better if you can provide more details, such as the code.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:27 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Is your problem solved? If so, please post "Mark as answer" to the appropriate answer.So that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face the similar issue.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:41 AM