How to Set the Storage Limits in Clustered MSMQ Resource (AD integrated) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have AD integrated MSMQ Clustered resource.

I want to disable the limit storage limit option.

i found that this has to be done in AD.

I checked the properties of the msmq object in AD but it doesn't show any property tabs other than a blank general tab.

How can i change this ?

regards,

Bhanuka

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Bhanuka,

1st - you do NOT want to disable the storage limit option! Seriously. By all means change the value to something appropriate to your needs but realise it is there to protect your system from being overloaded. If you disable the limit and some problem occurs where messages just keep arriving in a queue then eventually the server will die.
    See items 3 & 4: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/johnbreakwell/archive/2006/09/18/insufficient-resources-run-away-run-away.aspx

2nd - you cannot see the property tabs because the account you are logged in with does not have enough permission to read the values in Active Directory.

Cheers

John Breakwell

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:49 PM
  • i logged in with a domain admin account.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 11:08 PM
  • Just because you are logged in with a domain admin account doesn't mean you have access rights to the MSMQ object. Somebody could have changed the Get Properties permission, for example. But as you do not have a visible Security tab, you can't easily check.

Use some tool that allows you to force Full Control for the domain admin on the MSMQ object.

Cheers

John Breakwell

Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:09 AM