Application has stopped Working " Problem Event Name: BEX, error message " in Windows 7 64 bit ? RRS feed

• Question

• I did one application and it runs normally in my system (32 bit).

when i try that exe into another system ( 64 bit ) it gives error.

like, "Application has stopped working " ,

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BEX
      Application Name:    Application.exe
      Application Version:    1.0.0.1
      Application Timestamp:    559cb9c3
      Fault Module Name:    Application.exe
      Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.1
      Fault Module Timestamp:    559cb9c3
      Exception Offset:    000a29f6
      Exception Code:    c0000417
      Exception Data:    00000000
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    7acf
      Additional Information 2:    7acfb9a969ccccab84892fa87fe8a0ed
      Additional Information 3:    e930
      Additional Information 4:    e930f7eaa8ea0439a1f6334657642e48

How can i solve this?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:28 AM

Answers

• That happens, if you have access to this PC you can remote debug your application, if you do not have access to this PC you need to add some logging functionality to your application if your software does not have a logging capability, and than you log your actions during startup or during processing of some commands.

You will need some iterations to find out the exact location of this particular problem if you need to use Logfiles since you needd to miodify the logging after the check of the logfile to locate the error.

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:39 AM

All replies

• Than you should debug your application on a 64 bit system.

Her you can find information about your exception code:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704588%28d=lightweight,l=en-us,v=PROT.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:48 AM
  • As per Exception Code:    c0000417

0xC0000417
    STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER

"An invalid parameter was passed to a C runtime function".

but this same exe runs normally on another systems both 32-bit and 64-bit windows 7.

how can i find what is the problem on error giving system?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Is your system up-to-date (sp1 and all MS/others updates/fixes installed)?

• Edited by jiiteepee Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:37 AM
  • That happens, if you have access to this PC you can remote debug your application, if you do not have access to this PC you need to add some logging functionality to your application if your software does not have a logging capability, and than you log your actions during startup or during processing of some commands.

You will need some iterations to find out the exact location of this particular problem if you need to use Logfiles since you needd to miodify the logging after the check of the logfile to locate the error.

Best regards

Bordon

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:39 AM
  • You will need some iterations to find out the exact location of this particular problem if you need to use Logfiles since you needd to miodify the logging after the check of the logfile to locate the error.

this statement very helpful for me.

Thanks Bordon . now i find and solve the bug.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:07 AM