Information required for Microsoft Azure cloud hosting RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for hosting my application on Azure cloud server and would like to inform you that my application is in ASP.NET 3.5 with database on SQL Server 2008 R2.

Before we proceed further with Microsoft Azure cloud hosting, I would like to clarify some of my below mentioned queries:

Hosting:

1.        What are the plans of hosting along with pricing and server configuration.
    2.        How many applications we can host.
    3.        How much space we will get.
    4.        Can we deploy and run some exe, which we developed for sending email.
    5.        Currently we are using InProc session. What modification will be required by the application.
    6.        Can we point our DNS to the application we host.
    7.        We do development on our On-Premise environment, do we also get any staging/testing server along with production server.
    8.        Does the usage of application on staging server is chargeable.
    9.        How many instances we will be getting for one application
    10.    Does environment automatically increase or decreases the instances in use as per increase or decrease in load.

SQL Azure:

1.        Which version of SQL Server we will get.
    2.        Does SQL Azure is compatible with all the features and datatypes of SQL Server 2008 R2? If not then please let us know features and datatypes which are not supported by SQL Azure.
    3.        What all SQL Server version’s database can be restored on SQL Azure.
    4.        What will be the database size.
    5.        Will the database will be in the same datacenter where our application reside.
    6.        How many database we can create
    7.        How we can take database backup, is there any control panel for that.
    8.        How we can schedule database backups
    9.        Can we restore our On-Premise database with the database bakup taken from SQL Azure.
    10.    Can we connect database from our local machine with “SQL Server Management Studio”. 
    Friday, December 26, 2014 7:47 AM

Answers

All replies