none
Cannot Open Application Referance Files?? RRS feed

• Question

• hello, recenty i cannot open any application reference files and so after i publish my program i cannot open it. have reinstalled everything to do with it (from framework to visual C# which i make it with) and what annoys me is that my 'customers' can open the published program while i cant. for more information please visit an older thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/5b75a666-f118-4502-a4fe-ec68e14de0ea

please help! thankyou
    ryannathans Goals: Learn Java [x] Write and maintain a java game i made [x] hit 10 posts[x] hit 50 posts[] hit 100 posts[] hit 500 posts[]
    • Moved by nobugzModerator Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:58 AM not a wf q (From:Windows Forms General)
    • Changed type Bruce.Zhou Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:06 PM Not followed up in time
    • Changed type RobinDotNetModerator Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:29 AM User responded.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:49 AM

All replies

• When you say you cannot open application reference files, what exactly do you mean? Please post the info here.

RobinDotNet
    Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Friday, May 1, 2009 6:38 PM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post editor window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:06 PM

• When you say you cannot open application reference files, what exactly do you mean? Please post the info here.

RobinDotNet
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/5b75a666-f118-4502-a4fe-ec68e14de0ea

go there

ryannathans Goals: Learn Java [x] Write and maintain a java game i made [x] hit 10 posts[x] hit 50 posts[] hit 100 posts[] hit 500 posts[]
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:12 PM
  • ok... WILL SOMEONE HELP ME :(???
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:12 PM

• First, the people in the C# forum are completely wrong in everything they said about this shortcut. This is a click-once shortcut, which is not like the usual shortcut. It is an appref-ms file, which is specifically a shortcut built to link to and invoke the application file where the app is deployed from, in order to check for and handle updates.

Note that if you do as one person suggested and set up a shortcut to the exe file directly, the app will not run as a ClickOnce app, and no updates will ever install.

That said, does the shortcut on the start menu work? Is that the shortcut you're having trouble with, or are you trying to create one on the desktop and it doesn't work?

RobinDotNet

Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:19 AM