none
I need some guidance to create download manager application with C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody, I'm trying to create a download manager for my college assignment. The problem is I don't know where I have to start from. I have tried to go to sites like codeproject, geekpedia etc but i didn't get as much as I need. I have learned some basic like using WebClient class to download file but I need more, I need a complete reference (or documentation) about building a download manager with C#. Reference about downloading video, audio, any kind of files. The short is I need reference about building a complete download manager application with C#. Hope you can tell me what steps I need to know and do to realize it, or you can tell me any reference, book, article or anything to start it. 

Thanks in advance...

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi The_C,

You might get an idea by reading the below download menager source sode that is in codeplex. Hope this helps you.

The Dot Net Download Manager

Thanks,

Sabah Shariq

• Marked as answer by The_C Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:37 AM
  • The WebClient.DownLoadFile method is able to download files from both http and ftp resources, that is handled internally, not much to worry about Protocols.

These forums is not for the purpose of giving specs, the examples of Download manager apps are over the internet and you can research them same as me.

Fouad Roumieh

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:14 AM
  • different purpose use different approach.

you said, it is a college assignment...

if you use high level class...

maybe be your teacher would give you C....

for other purpose, maybe buy a stable power download manager just need pay a few dollars

DON'T TRY SO HARD,THE BEST THINGS COME WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT THEM TO.

• Edited by Matthew LEAN . D Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:02 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:57 AM

All replies

• Its like you are asking for requirements of the assignment, you should be discussing this with your teacher. Or you should do a brainstorming of the list of features to be developed for this application. Then you can design the interface of your app (buttons, menus, controls...) and after that you should start implementing code. You don't have to follow others examples, every application has its own specifications.

Fouad Roumieh

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:22 AM
  • download file have nothing to do with the file format (video,audio, some others.), they are all byte array at download manager level.

but it is relevant transport protocol.

For example,

if a file stand in the webserver and another file be in FTP server... you must use identical transport protocol to request the file resource from server

so i suggest you choose a first support transport protocol..to your assignment..

it's not easy to support all protocol.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:39 AM
  • Hi The_C,

You might get an idea by reading the below download menager source sode that is in codeplex. Hope this helps you.

The Dot Net Download Manager

Thanks,

Sabah Shariq

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:37 AM
  • No, the idea didnt come from my lecturer, it came from my own idea. I've ever built apps like simple converter and library administration and now I wanna build something "real", I wanna build a real application, and I choose download manager. The problem is I just dont know where I have to start from. Hope you can give me something  I can use as my reference.

Thanks in advance...

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:59 AM
  • So, you mean it doesnt matter about what kind of files I wanna download/upload but what matters is the protocols?

I just wanna implement http/https (webserver) and ftp for my download manager, is it possible to do for beginner like me??? What do I need to learn to realize it?

Thanks for your answer...

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Thanks sir... it will be a really good reference for me...

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:06 AM
  • The WebClient.DownLoadFile method is able to download files from both http and ftp resources, that is handled internally, not much to worry about Protocols.

These forums is not for the purpose of giving specs, the examples of Download manager apps are over the internet and you can research them same as me.

Fouad Roumieh

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:14 AM
  • Ok, I will do a deeper research on WebClient and trying to develope it.

What I mean is may be there's someone here has ever built a download manager and he/she can give me some guidance about it that's it...

Thanks for your answer sir...

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:29 AM
  • different purpose use different approach.

you said, it is a college assignment...

if you use high level class...

maybe be your teacher would give you C....

for other purpose, maybe buy a stable power download manager just need pay a few dollars

• Edited by Matthew LEAN . D Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:02 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:57 AM