none
Change the selection color in ComboBox RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I want to use a different color than the default Blue when selecting a text in a combo box.

Is there any simple way besides register to all the relevant events and set the BackColor?

Thanks

Idit

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:08 PM

Answers

• The selection color is controlled by windows, so I don't think you can change it without painting it yourself.

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:26 PM

All replies

• The selection color is controlled by windows, so I don't think you can change it without painting it yourself.

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Hi Idit,

If you would like to use the CombBox with WPF, there is a simple way for you to change the default color when selecting a text in a CombBox as the following sample codes. Otherwise you need to consider Chris's suggestion. 

Code Block

<ComboBox Background="Red">

<ComboBox.Resources>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static SystemColors.HighlightBrushKey}" Color="Yellow" />

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static SystemColors.ControlBrushKey}" Color="Green" />

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static SystemColors.WindowBrushKey}" Color="Red" />

</ComboBox.Resources>

<TextBlock>TEST</TextBlock>

</ComboBox>

Try to check out this blog for details - http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/tamir/archive/2007/04/10/How-to-change-listbox_2C00_-combobox-or-listview-selection-and-background-color.aspx

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:21 AM
  • Not the answer you might be looking for, but you can open the dialog by executing the file DESK.CPL.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:03 PM
  •  

I am working in C# and not HTML page, so I need to do it in the code.

Thanks

Idit

Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:00 AM