ClickOnce - Don't Add To The Start Menu? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get a ClickOnce application to run both online and offline but NOT install anything into the Start menu?

In Visual Studio 2005, if I set it to not put anything in the Start menu, it only runs when the user is online. I need both online and offline capability but I don't want ClickOnce to add anything into the Start menu.

Monday, March 19, 2007 5:13 PM

All replies

• I was looking a similar option. User has no privileges to add a new short cut menu. This makes clickonce installation to throw error ( error shows that due to privileges it not able to install short cut menu in "Start menu" in windows). Client machine runs on windows xp

Is there any way set not to create start menu... ???

Hari
    Monday, February 2, 2009 1:02 AM
  •  To the first (2-year-old) question: no, there's no way to have it run both online and offline and not install anything in the Start menu.

To the second question: yes, deploy it as an online-only application. It will put a shortcut on the desktop, but not in the start menu. Note that the user still needs to have privileges to write to his own profile folders, because it still downloads the assemblies. It just requires him to be online, and doesn't to the start-menu thing.

RobinS.
    GoldMail.com
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
    • Proposed as answer by Hari123 Friday, April 10, 2009 4:19 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 1:36 AM