How to profile large, complex solution RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am working on a humongous solution with well over 100 projects. The system consists of both 32-bit and 64-bit processes that use WCF for IPC. Most of the code is C#, but some is C++, both managed and unmanaged. It also uses JNI to interact with some pieces written in Java. Lately, we have experienced a severe performance degradation. How do I go about profiling a monster like this?
    Monday, March 23, 2020 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

You could first use perfmon to check the memory usage, abnormal and memory increase.

Or Memory Leak like this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/using-performance-monitor-to-find-a-user-mode-memory-leak

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:59 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I've been trying to use the VS2019 Diagnostic Tools to monitor CPU Usage, but it seems to profile code other than the area where I set my breakpoints. I will check out Perfmon and see if it can help me.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:53 PM