none
Looking for Text To Speech library for C# ? RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio C#. I cannot find a Text To Speech library in languages other than English, does Visual Studio C# support the Text To Speech library for Vietnamese ? or 3rd party supported libraries for C# language.
    Friday, November 8, 2019 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi lamtriendong,

Microsoft Speech Platform don’t support Vietnamese.

Maybe you can try to use the Google TTS and here is a similar issue.

[Text to Speech Vietnamese]

Best Regards,

Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:17 AM
  • The links you sent to me do not support Vietnamese language and there are dead links or inappropriate code. I found the "TextToSpeechVB6" program on the internet written in VB6 that can read basic Vietnamese but I switched the language to C# with the Vnspeech.dll library error. Why can't I add the Vnspeech.dll library to C#? I will send my code to see if I wrote it wrong ? You see my attached file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a5y0oas15s5ap7u/Vnspeech.rar/file
    Friday, November 8, 2019 7:09 AM
  • Hi lamtriendong,

The “Vnspeech.dll” is a COM Dll, and it usually need to be registered before you can use them.

To register it, use the RegSvr32 command from the dos prompt.

Here is similar issue you can refer to.

[Calling vb6 dlls from c#]

Best Regards,

Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Microsoft has a speech platform called SAPI and the library you are looking for is .Net Framework which provides a managed version of SAPI in System.Speech. SAPI won't work without a voice though, search for SAPI Vietnamese Voice in your favorite search engine to find them. You need to negotiate redistribute rights with the voice provider to be able to ship the voice in your application. 

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:10 PM
  • Hi Daniel Zhang!
    When I register the vb6 dll library is error, in win7 do not allow to use the RegSvr32.exe command ? You see the image file attached my error: 

Hi Sheng Jiang!
    You said "Microsoft has a speech platform called SAPI ..." I don't know, do you have a similar example ?
    Monday, November 11, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi lamtriendong,

About how to register a DLL file in Windows 7, you can refer to these documents.

[How to use the Regsvr32 tool and troubleshoot Regsvr32 error messages]

[How to register a DLL file in Windows 7?]

[Windows 7: How to register .dll and .exe files]

Best Regards,

Daniel Zhang

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi Daniel_Zhang-MSFT!
    I have checked the links guid you sent to me, no instructions can register the COM DLL library in win7, it reported the above error, have you tried to register the file "Vnspeech.dll" ?
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:30 AM