none
it's any instead solution for dsoframer? RRS feed

• Question

• i need host excel in my applicaiton, but dsoframer can't support office 2010, and now ms also remove the download link for dsoframer.

how can i do?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:25 PM

All replies

• Location of DSOFramer Download

Search History of Problems

It is history, and don't hold your breath for a replacement.
    Don't know yet if there is an equivalent for WPF.

Rudy   =8^D
    Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:26 PM
  • i have this control in my computer, but it can't work for office2010
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Hi progame,

As far as I know, dsoframer is a history product and microsoft will not support it any more, since it has lots of problems. You can have a look at this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fi-FI/csharpgeneral/thread/127bd801-525d-41c3-8516-cac7c68ec43b

Let me know if this does not help.
    Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 6:18 AM
  • I need solution to host excel 2010 in my application.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:18 AM
  • Hi progame,

To develop with office 2010, you can follow the documents below:
    Developing with Office 2010: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee722025.aspx
    Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ee390822.aspx
    Developer Help Updates for Office 2010 Beta: http://blogs.msdn.com/officedevdocs/archive/2009/11/17/developer-help-updates-for-office-2010-beta.aspx

Let me know if this does not help.
    Aland Li
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 5:42 AM
  • i need host it like ole, not extend office out of my application
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:19 PM
  • You will need to find an alternate solution.
    DSOFramer is dead.
    You wouldn't want to use it anyway.  Too many bugs.
    And it didn't work with the latest office anyway.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:59 PM
  • the question is what is alternate solution.
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 4:39 PM
  • still wait for answer
    Friday, December 25, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Hello - is there any news with Office 2010 and the DSOFramer?  I too rely on it being that we need to embed Word into our Win Forms app. 

The only other solution I've used is (http://www.officeocx.com/) - this too has many issues since it's built off DSOFramer I believe. 

Thanks.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 9:00 PM
  • Please stop using DSOFramer. If you are at home, bored and need to develop an application for fun and for your own use, then use DSOFramer but if you are going to develop a commercial application, then please refrain from using it. MS Office is not be embedded, I REPEAT NOT TO BE EMBEDDED, not in a web page or on a windows form. Microsoft have time and again given us this warning. 
    If the crocodile (in this case Microsoft) comes from the sea to tell you that the whale (dsoFramer) is dead, who are you, a mere mortal, to challenge him. 

Not only are you investing big time in bugs but you are investing in sleepless nights. And the APR??? 2000%

I recommend using Farpoint Spreadsheet or Spreadsheet gear. They have .Net native spreadsheet components that can easily exim (export-import) Excel files (2003, 2007 and most likely 2010).

OfficeOcx?? Still the same dsoFramer technology. Once again, DO NOT!!!!, for your sake and for the sake of your company's name and hard-earned reputation, use dsoFramer. 

When I was an Army cadet, my CO would say if you intend to shoot yourself in the foot, use an AK47. It makes the doctor's work easier. He just cuts off your foot. 

Consider yourself WARNED!!!!
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:32 AM
  • Alright, we get it, dsoFramer is Bad. But that doesn't answer the larger question of how to host all Office documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) within .NET applications.

Does anybody know if Microsoft is planning a working replacement for the dsoFramer concept? Is there a third-party tool that provides Office (or Office-like replicas) controls for use in managed code applications?
    JonneeZ
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Alright, we get it, dsoFramer is Bad. But that doesn't answer the larger question of how to host all Office documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) within .NET applications.

Does anybody know if Microsoft is planning a working replacement for the dsoFramer concept? Is there a third-party tool that provides Office (or Office-like replicas) controls for use in managed code applications?
    JonneeZ

Cadet, I think you need to have you foot examined.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:11 PM
  • Have you tried webbrowser control?

This is what we use to load office docs in win form.

The problem with this now is Office 2010. Office 2007 still works fine, as MS released a fix for it, but not yet with 2010.

I'm looking at Web Apps now but it doesn't seem to be the way to go.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:06 AM
  • Tried the latest version office ocx v7. it seems that the component has not these bugs in the dsoframer. I created a simple c# application and drag three components in the format. Then added three button and call the openofficedialog command from the component. Wow, the component doesn't freeze the toolbars as the dsoframer. It works with the office 2010 beta 2 too.

Peter
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:44 PM
  • office ocx is nice and expensive!
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:37 AM
  • Are there any options for this, which are free? I need to embed power point slide shows in a form and cant seem to find any solutions. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:59 PM
  • I think the days of embedding office applications directly into System.Windows.Forms.Form object are fading into the sunset.  As of the latest version of Office, the technique is no longer supported.  There has not been any changes to the Forms namespace since the release of .NET 2.0.  New development in Windows Forms is not the horizon, but support will continue for quite a long time.

Microsoft no longer makes the DSOFramer available for download.  It seemed to have caused a lot of headaches, some of which could not be adequately resolved. 

There are a number of 3rd party products for sale that claim to do the trick.  I am not aware of any that do not make some use of the DSOFramer.  The dead giveaway is their compatibility, specifically the lack of, with the latest version of Office.

It may be possible to display some Office documents with a WebBrowser control.  If you are in developement, then perhaps it is not too late to switch to WPF.

Rudy   =8^D

http://rudedog2.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Hmmm. I am back, "The DSOFramer Prophet of DOOM" and Private Army Cadet Nii Osei-Adjeman II reporting for duty.

My counsel still stands like the counsel of Arhitophel. Do not use DSOFramer or any of it's derivatives thereof. Unfortunately, there is no alternative that I know of that allows you to embed MS Excel in a .NET application. 

If all you want is Excel embedded in your WinForm application, use Spreadsheet Gear or Farpoint Spread. Those are plausible alternatives. The other alternative is to sit in your room in pyjamas and develop your own spreadsheet control. I can assure you, you will finish that enterprise years before you are able to fix the bugs in DSOFramer. 

But I still have my AK47 here and it is loaded in case any of you still prefers to shoot yourself in the foot, I am here to give a helping hand.

Permission to fall out SIR!!

Monday, October 4, 2010 2:50 PM
  • Why should it not be possible to show office documents in an application? Office is still 2010 an ole automation server. Maybe dsoframer is doing something wrong but it should be easy to use c++ creating the same ocx using mfc. We have used this approach a lot. Yes we can't have several documents at the same time but we can live with that. There are noumerous links on internet using mfc and sdi to create an ocx.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/1/8/2189d324-15cb-41e3-823f-406986cb80bd/mfc.exe

Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:54 PM
  • OK,dsoFramer is dead....but...new a "offce 2003 document" project in VS2008,Do you see "WordDocument2.doc"  EMBEDDED in IDE....

Clue,,VSTODesigner PackageVSTOOffice2003Designer.dll,,,,VSTOWord2003ClientPkgUI.dll,,,VSTOOffice2003DesignerUI.dll

why whale is dead,,crocodile is live

Friday, April 29, 2011 3:37 AM
  • >>OK,dsoFramer is dead....but...new a "offce 2003 document" project in VS2008,
    >>Do you see "WordDocument2.doc"  EMBEDDED in IDE....
    >>
    Clue,,VSTODesigner PackageVSTOOffice2003Designer.dll,,,,VSTOWord2003ClientPkgUI.dll,,,VSTOOffice2003DesignerUI.dll

What do you mean by that?

I dont't get the point here?

Friday, November 11, 2011 1:32 PM
  • host excel in VS2008. 

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:06 AM
  • Hi Progame,

I am facing the same issue. I want to remove/Hide/Disable the File Menu in the Word document. I have spent lot of time on this but no luck. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Friday, November 28, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Hi Cadany,

I am facing the same issue. I want to remove/Hide/Disable the File Menu in the Word document. I have spent lot of time on this but no luck. How can i get the above Excel in runtime not in design time(You see there is no File tab (i want like this)) any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Friday, November 28, 2014 12:13 PM