none
Single exe with prerequsites RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

May i know is it possible to create setup of a project in single exe file with 3.5 framework and windows installer 3.1

That is now framework and windows installer comes in same folder, but i need to make it a a single file(exe)

How can implement this

Thanks
    Vineeth
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Vineeth Paliath,

Visual Studio cannot package all these files into just one exe file. But you can do this with a third-part software.

First you need to select "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application". So Visual Studio will bring all the prerequisites into the setup.exe folder.

After you build your setup project, you will set setup.exe *.msi and all the prerequisites package in the folder. Then you can use WinRAR to do the following work. Please look at the following step.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/8678b938-7148-4e5b-b437-d71f33b446f9

The self extract feature is the one can help us do the job. It package all the files into just one EXE, once you click it, it will extract and run the setup.exe after extracted.

If you have any problem with this, please feel free to tell me.

Sincerely,
    Kira Qian
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Vineeth Paliath,

Visual Studio cannot package all these files into just one exe file. But you can do this with a third-part software.

First you need to select "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application". So Visual Studio will bring all the prerequisites into the setup.exe folder.

After you build your setup project, you will set setup.exe *.msi and all the prerequisites package in the folder. Then you can use WinRAR to do the following work. Please look at the following step.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/8678b938-7148-4e5b-b437-d71f33b446f9

The self extract feature is the one can help us do the job. It package all the files into just one EXE, once you click it, it will extract and run the setup.exe after extracted.

If you have any problem with this, please feel free to tell me.

Sincerely,
    Kira Qian
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:31 AM
  • Thanks

Vineeth
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:29 AM