none
CLR20r3 error RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a winform application (.net framework 3.5   - BUILD = ANY CPU) tha calls an executable by using the Process class.

In a 32 bit OS it is ok, but when I launch the application in my 64bit OS , it starts but when I press the button that lauch other executable I receive following error (My.exe is the executable launched by the winform app):

Do you have any idea ?

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: My.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 47664380

Problem Signature 04: MyCommonObject

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4e68d7d0

Problem Signature 07: a2

Problem Signature 08: 25c

Problem Signature 09: MQG5VYIJUSDD41D2RWCBFBSRGWDVTI3U

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7

Locale ID: 1040

<input id="a26e67d8-f550-4b82-bebc-1fd004789372_attachments" type="hidden" />
    Monday, February 13, 2012 5:22 PM

Answers

• ILDASM
    View->MetaInfo->Show!
    [Problem Signature 07: a2]
    find "060000a2"
    Then you can find the corresponding MethodName and the type name which threw the exception.

[Problem Signature 08: 25c]
    Then double click on the method through the ILDASM window, then find the "IL_025c" instruction.

The exception would be threw from there.
    Then you can find out the related code line in your project source code, and test and analysis the related code(you can just add a try-catch block to catch the exception and read the exception details).
    This will help you narrow down the problem, but it will need the code line in source code to analysis and test, then I could help you do the next research.

Or you can just build your project to x86, then test, it will be work, I think.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:41 AM

All replies

• You can try following things.
    1. Try compiling the application in x86 mode and then try on 64 bit computer
    2. Check the dependencies of My.exe. It could be possible that some dependency file is missing.
    3. Try reinstalling .NET Framework again on the computer where you are getting this error.

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft VB.NET MVP

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Start by trying to run the other application - it's likely that it's not running correctly on a 64bit OS...

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:41 PM
  • ILDASM
    View->MetaInfo->Show!
    [Problem Signature 07: a2]
    find "060000a2"
    Then you can find the corresponding MethodName and the type name which threw the exception.

[Problem Signature 08: 25c]
    Then double click on the method through the ILDASM window, then find the "IL_025c" instruction.

The exception would be threw from there.
    Then you can find out the related code line in your project source code, and test and analysis the related code(you can just add a try-catch block to catch the exception and read the exception details).
    This will help you narrow down the problem, but it will need the code line in source code to analysis and test, then I could help you do the next research.

Or you can just build your project to x86, then test, it will be work, I think.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:41 AM