none
Combobox inside DataGridView goes in infinite loop RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a DatagridView in my outlook custom form and populating two datagridcomboboxcolumns. The binding of data is from XML file and the data is bound properly.

I added code to show the tooltip for each item which is not the same as the data bound in the combobox. The tooltip also showing properly for each item. I used the drawitem event handler to show the tooltip.

The problem I face is when I dropped down the combo box and move the cursor to items, the tooltip text is flickering. I debugged the code and the draw item is going in infinite loop. I have only 10 items in the dropdown.

As well once I selected an item and clicking on the same combobox again to change the other item in the dropdown, the tooltip is not showing.

Any Suggestions?

• Edited by Senthil Kumar, MCA Friday, February 22, 2013 3:03 PM Added more question.
    • Moved by Quist Zhang Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:17 AM move to appropriate forum
    Friday, February 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Senthil,

DrawItem event is fired when the visual part of the drop-down changes. For example, when mouse is over the item or it is hiden then reshown.

Would you like to provide some code snippet to reproduce the flickering problem? I can use toolTip.Show() method to show the toolTip.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Senthil,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, your issue is a WinForm specific issue. I'll move it to Windows Forms General forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Hi Senthil,

DrawItem event is fired when the visual part of the drop-down changes. For example, when mouse is over the item or it is hiden then reshown.

Would you like to provide some code snippet to reproduce the flickering problem? I can use toolTip.Show() method to show the toolTip.

Best regards,

Chester Hong

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Thanks Chester. The requirement changed to show the help at the header text so this part I removed.
    Friday, March 1, 2013 9:16 AM