none
DeploymentDownloadException - Downloading did not succeed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have published a Click Once application but when I try to run the app from the web page, I get the following error

ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [8/31/2012 1:41:00 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
      - Downloading http://xxxxxx:8080/tfe/Application Files/TravelWin_1_0_0_10/bin/Debug/Images/Logs.gif.deploy did not succeed.
      - Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
       at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

Any ideas?

Rick

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Rick,

If you open  http://xxxxxx:8080/tfe/Application Files/TravelWin_1_0_0_10/bin/Debug/Images/Logs.gif.deploy in IE, can you download it?

If you open the local folder of the web site, can you find the Logs.gif.deploy file in correct folder?

It might also a MINE Type issue, check Robin' blog here, http://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/mime-types-for-clickonce-deployment/

Please let me know the result.

Best Regards,

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 3, 2012 11:06 AM