none
MDI child title bar location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a simple winforms MDI application with menu strip and toolstrip added to the parent form. When the child form is in normal state it is looking as in the following image.

When any child is maximized, the title bar of the parent form extended and displays the control buttons(close, minimize and maximize buttons) in the right corner. And the Menu strip is displaying below that title bar as shown below.

Is there any possibilities to display the menu strip and tool strip above the title bar of the child form and below the title bar of the parent form when the child is maximized?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 6, 2019 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohanram A, 
    You can try to maximize child form by default when open it, by setting 
    ChildForm .Dock = DockStyle.Fill
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:07 AM
  • There should not be two title bars like that. I assume you have done something to make things look different from the way MDI is designed to look. If you have then no one can help you without knowing what you have done, at least the relevant part.

I suspect you are trying to use MDI in a manner it was not designed to be used because it looks like it would be an easy solution. If so then it will likely be more difficult to use MDI as a solution than if you were to use something more appropriate that seems to be more work in the beginning.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:16 AM