none
Unable to start program: The system cannot find the file specified

问题

• Hi everyone.

I'm having problem debugging my program in VC ++ Express.  I created a simple Windows Form Application program and when I tried to debug, the following error appears:

Unable to start program'c:\users\user\document\visual studio 2010\
    Projects\HelloWorlds\Debug\HelloWorlds.exe'.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

However, I don't encounter the same problem in VB Express. 

I've tried to find solutions on the web but to no avail.

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this. FYI, I'm a newbie.

2012年9月25日 18:59

答案

• Does your application really build correctly?
    To get more control in VS 2010 C++ Express, you can check menu item "Expert Settings" under "Tools>Settings" to get a 'Build' menu.
    After clicking 'Build->Build Solution' (or 'Rebuild'), you may verify in 'Output' window ('View->Outout'), if your application is compiling and linking correctly.

With kind regards

2012年9月26日 4:46

全部回复

• Does your application really build correctly?
    To get more control in VS 2010 C++ Express, you can check menu item "Expert Settings" under "Tools>Settings" to get a 'Build' menu.
    After clicking 'Build->Build Solution' (or 'Rebuild'), you may verify in 'Output' window ('View->Outout'), if your application is compiling and linking correctly.

With kind regards

2012年9月26日 4:46
  • I get the exact same issue when trying to do the hello world project.

What are we doing wrong?!

2013年10月15日 12:37

• Look It might be that you didnt add the source file in the project 
    try adding it by pressing right click on Source Files in Your Project --> Add --> New Item 
    then the source file .cpp ^^

2014年1月19日 19:43
  • I've got the same problem in visual studio 2012 , I'll be grateful if you solve my problem,

2014年3月5日 9:00
  • Sorry this is kind of late but save your open file to some easy to find directory if you have something written down, (if you don't skip ahead to the "*") then on your right should be your solution explorer and right click on the folder that says "source", and a drop down menu will appear go to add > add existing item, find your previously saved file that should be "name.cpp" and click open or hit enter then try to debug again.

* if you have nothing written down in the file and its a blank project go to your solution explorer and right click on the source folder then go toadd > add new item then name your file put  your code into it and debug

2014年8月5日 23:37
  • Hi everyone!

I'm using visual studio 2013 and getting same prob.

But in studio 2013 I found no SETTINGS option under TOOLS And no code c++ is working since than.

please help me!!

2015年1月8日 19:49
  • Hi sahil66825,

Since this case was closed for a long time, to help you resove your issue, please post a new case in this forum, our members would follow up your issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

2015年1月9日 1:44
    版主