none
Large size file could not copy from "Open with explorer" in SharePoint.

Domanda

• Hi,

I have uploaded around "120 mb" file in Document Library. I was trying to copy that file from "Open with explorer" to my local system. I am getting "disk Space error".

Should i specify any size at any where in "Central Admin".

Thanks & Regards

Poomani Sankaran

lunedì 25 agosto 2014 08:27

Risposte

• To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters

3. In the right pane, right-click the FileSizeLimitInBytes value, and then click Modify.

(If FileSizeLimitInBytes does not exist then right-click the blank space in the right pane, click New,     click DWORD Value, type FileSizeLimitInBytes, and then click OK)

4. Click on Decimal, and type 4294967295 and click OK. Note The default value for the file size limit is     50000000 bytes.

5. Quit Registry Editor. Restart the computer.

CAUSE

This issue occurs because a security change that was introduced in Windows XP SP2 affects the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) redirector. This security change makes sure that an unauthorized server cannot force a client computer into a denial of service attack. If you try to download a file that is larger than 50000000 bytes, the client computer interprets this download as a denial of service attack. Therefore, the download process stops.

IMPORTANT

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 

martedì 26 agosto 2014 08:07
  • Hi,

I did a test in my environment with about 150MB file and occur an error “Error 0x800700DF”.

Did your error message like “Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved”?

If yes, by default, the web client file size limit is set to 47MB, you may need to increase it like below article. After increasing it, I can copy the large file to local via "Open with explorer" in my environment.

http://blogs.objectsharp.com/post/2011/01/27/SharePoint-2010-and-Error-0x800700DF-The-file-size-exceeds-the-limit-allowed-and-cannot-be-saved.aspx

If No, would you please provide more detailed error message such as screen capture, it will be easier to find the solution of the issue.

Best regards,

Zhengyu Guo

Zhengyu Guo
    TechNet Community Support

martedì 26 agosto 2014 05:32
  • Hi,

Goto->CA->Select Web App->General Settings->Change Size Limit settings..You will see 50 MB change 200MB thn upload your doc.

Thanks
    Jaison A
    http://infomoss.blogspot.in

martedì 26 agosto 2014 05:57

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

I did a test in my environment with about 150MB file and occur an error “Error 0x800700DF”.

Did your error message like “Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved”?

If yes, by default, the web client file size limit is set to 47MB, you may need to increase it like below article. After increasing it, I can copy the large file to local via "Open with explorer" in my environment.

http://blogs.objectsharp.com/post/2011/01/27/SharePoint-2010-and-Error-0x800700DF-The-file-size-exceeds-the-limit-allowed-and-cannot-be-saved.aspx

If No, would you please provide more detailed error message such as screen capture, it will be easier to find the solution of the issue.

Best regards,

Zhengyu Guo

Zhengyu Guo
    TechNet Community Support

martedì 26 agosto 2014 05:32
  • Hi,

Goto->CA->Select Web App->General Settings->Change Size Limit settings..You will see 50 MB change 200MB thn upload your doc.

Thanks
    Jaison A
    http://infomoss.blogspot.in

martedì 26 agosto 2014 05:57
  • To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters

3. In the right pane, right-click the FileSizeLimitInBytes value, and then click Modify.

(If FileSizeLimitInBytes does not exist then right-click the blank space in the right pane, click New,     click DWORD Value, type FileSizeLimitInBytes, and then click OK)

4. Click on Decimal, and type 4294967295 and click OK. Note The default value for the file size limit is     50000000 bytes.

5. Quit Registry Editor. Restart the computer.

CAUSE

This issue occurs because a security change that was introduced in Windows XP SP2 affects the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) redirector. This security change makes sure that an unauthorized server cannot force a client computer into a denial of service attack. If you try to download a file that is larger than 50000000 bytes, the client computer interprets this download as a denial of service attack. Therefore, the download process stops.

IMPORTANT

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 

martedì 26 agosto 2014 08:07