none
runtime errors - Outlook add in

Question

• Hello - i am new to this world of vsto :)

- system= vs2k5 RTM, vsto RTM, xp sp2, office 2k3 sp2

I have done a lot of searching to find this answer so am posting here in the hope of some insights.

I have a basic add-in which just puts a button bar and 2 buttons with a msg box tied to the handlers...  Works fine.

I have another add-in which i must have some errors in - after loading this add-in the basic working add-in will fail.  Even after uninstalling both add-ins and rebooting my machine the basic add in will throw a loading run time???

What is being cached or left behind and where??  It was doing it with the beta2 vs2k5 and i had read that the installers had probs - so i have upgraded to the RTM and still have the problem.

ggrrrrrr :)
    Friday, November 04, 2005 12:04 AM

Answers

• I assume that by failing you mean the addin doesn't load and start up. Does your addin run OK if you start it from VS2005? If it does, are you setting the CAS policy and registry keys (created by installer) in your installer?
    Friday, November 04, 2005 6:31 PM

All replies

• I assume that by failing you mean the addin doesn't load and start up. Does your addin run OK if you start it from VS2005? If it does, are you setting the CAS policy and registry keys (created by installer) in your installer?
    Friday, November 04, 2005 6:31 PM
  • Thx Peter - u are right.

Security policies not being set right - the solution that was breaking the other add-in was un-setting the .net security policies (strong named assembly).

Outlook just eats up the error message unless you start it from VS2005...  wasnt until i set the "run" properties of the project to start outlook that i was getting to see the real error messages - d'oh.

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:21 AM