none
Report project hang on build with RDLC RRS feed

• Question

• I installed update 2 on VS 2015. I have report project with only one RDLC, initially with only a PageNumber text box. When I try to build this very simple report project, the build hangs for long time. However, when I remove all built-in fields and expressions from RDLC and have just an empty report, it builds very fast successfully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bassam wassouf

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi IssacW,

>> However, when I remove all built-in fields and expressions from RDLC and have just an empty report, it builds very fast successfully.

I suggest you’d better first to create a new clean project by using the same Visual Studio and add a RDLC with the same data source to your project, then add a textbox in it and put this in there =Globals.PageNumber & " of " & Globals.TotalPages to build the PageNumber textbox. After doing that, you could build your project to check whether the same issue happens.

If not, maybe your initial issue more related to your project.

If true, you could build your initial project with another VS that has update 2 to exclude your own machine influence. If this issue could be reproduced on other machine, maybe it’s related to the VS update. For this, you could post your issue in VS forum for better support.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:17 AM