none
Android Native look and feel / iOS Native look and feel with Apache Cordova RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new to Apache Cordova and I'm using Visual Studio as my IDE. Now I know it's possible to get android's material design look with several different css classes but what about iOS native look, how do I achieve this with Apache Cordova and also is it possible for me to have two separate UI layouts with the same base code using Apache Cordova or would I have to use the Iconic Framework ? 
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Now I know it's possible to get android's material design look with several different css classes but what about iOS native look.
      CSS defines the styles of your UI controls. So, it is also possible to use css to change the UI to let it looks like iOS native.

>> how do I achieve this with Apache Cordova and also is it possible for me to have two separate UI layouts with the same base code using Apache Cordova or would I have to use the Iconic Framework ?
      The easiest solution is to take advantages of Ionic. If you don't want to use Ionic you will need to check if current platform is iOS or android:

if (cordova.platformId == "android")
    {
       // android codes
    } else if (cordova.platformId == "ios")
    {
       //ios codes
    } 

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Monday, November 21, 2016 7:31 AM