none
SSRS(.rdl) Drilldown, Sorting and Drillthrough issues for viewing the report using WCF c# programming RRS feed

• Question

• We are developing our own Reporting Gateway. Below is the requirement that we are looking from the our custom reporting gateway.
    1. Custom Authentication/Authorization (for resource)
    2. Access Management (for reports)
    3. Report Viewer to SPA (for us: Angular)

In development we implemented all 3 options. Now we are able to see reports in Angular application.

Problem:
    SSRS provides features of drilldown/drillthrough while designing the reports. We can see (+) options to drill down options in report. But we are not sure, how to handle the same using SSRS WCF Soap Service.

May be method "LoadDrillthroughTargetAsync" in Soap service reference may solve the issue, but it requires DrillthroughId. We are not sure how to use the same, and same time not sure that same method will help us to get drilldown data.

Also, If we add Soap reference (Webservice reference)  instead WCF service reference, we have one additional parameter in "Render" method with "ShowHideToggle" parameter, which accepts the id. Do we have similar method in WCF service reference?

Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I could not get your point. it seems to me that you happen to trouble when you call the service. the parameter ID you could not find to populate? but I could not understand how do you publish the service by using WCF. Would you mind sharing more details with me about your solution?
    Look forward to your reply.
    Best Regards
    Abraham
    Monday, June 17, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi Abraham,

Thanks for your response.

We are using .net c# programming to view the report from SSRS(.rdl) using WCF. 
    We have used Report Server Commands (rs:) ShowHideToggle as a parameter for drill-out data.
    Could you help me out how to use ShowHideToggle parameter into Render method of WCF?

When we try to toggle the button, the server simply returns an empty response, nothing shown in the response neither data (same “without drilldown” data) nor error.

We are simply clueless about what is happening.

Moreover, we need to confirm that are we referring to the valid command to use drilldown, drillthrough and sorting for our report? Only problem is Sorting, Drill Down, Drill through reports are not working. This example is also not given to blog.

Could you please share your views to help what we are missing?

Best Regards,
    Priyesh Ansoliya.

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I am not clear about the report from SSRS, let alone how to use WCF to view them. WCF Forum mainly discussed, WCF MSDN forum mainly discuss and ask questions about general managed code networking topics such as serialization, System.NET, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), and Web Services.
    Alternatively, you can share with me how you implemented the process of accessing report data using WCF, so that I try to reproduce your problem as much as possible, and then give you some advice.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Best Regards
    Abraham

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:20 AM