none
Release Notes for MTM 2013

General discussion

• Hi!

Are there any detailed release notes for MTM2013? I am mainly interested in any bug fixes and enhancements included in the new version and there especially these areas

- application stability (MTM 2012 crashes a lot)

- test recording (typically does not work and typically crashes MTM 2012)

- support for more browsers than just IE for web access (doesn't work on any Mac browser) as well as recording (doesn't work at all for non IE browsers)

- deleting test cases (using the command line tool is so 80s!)

- improvements in exporting test cases to Excel spreadsheets (other than tedious copy & paste)

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post!

For your requirements, there aren't the official documentation to explan all of them. I will change the thread type to General Discuss in order to other members to discuss them. Thanks for your understanding.

On the other hand, about supported configurations and platforms for VS2013, please refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380742(v=vs.120).aspx

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 8, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Hi!

Thanks for your reply. It is rather disappointing that the documentation for MTM 2013 is that dismal and that apparently other than looks not much else changed. Maybe it was a mistake to pick a Microsoft tool when doing real world software development that takes into account that a large and growing number of folks use real browser that do not have the utterly unnecessary design flaws that IE has. Oh well, looks as if I keep doing manual testing forever.....

That said, my apologies right here for venting. I know that nobody on this forum is likely to make a decision that fixes these issues, but the MS only world is a thing of the past and even the dinkiest FOSS app comes with detailed release notes.

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:03 PM