none
Setup project need framework 4.6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• HELLO

Using visual studio 2019

I wrote a simple windows application project in vb.net  and created a setup project.

When i run the msi file that has been created i get this message 

But if i use an earlier version of visual studio like visual studio 10 and create a setup i encountered any problem 

So what the difference ?

Thanks 

Sunday, November 24, 2019 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Shay_w,

Thank you for the feedback.

Maybe you could try to modify the Launch Condition property by right-clicking your setup project -> View -> Launch Conditions -> select the “.NET Framework” under Launch Conditions item -> Modify the Version item in the Properties window to the version your machine supports. Afterwards, Rebuild your solution and check if this issue could be solved.

To check which version of .net framework your machine supports, you could refer to this document How to determine which .NET Framework versions are installed.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Shay_w Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Shay_w,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This message is about the option in setup project in visual studio 2019. You could go to Properties/Prerequisites, then disable the .Net framework 4.6.1.

Hope it could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:00 AM
  • Hi Shay_w,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As Dylan said above the option in the Prerequisites “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (x86 and x64)” from Setup Property Pages is checked by default in Visual Studio 2019, so the installer will need the support of .NET Framework 4.6.1.

However, in Visual Studio 2010, the Prerequisites checked “Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile(x86 and x64)” by default. And I guess .NET Framework 4 (version lower than 4.6.1) has been installed in your machine so you will not get this message.

If we don’t clarify very clearly or you have any doubts about this issue, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Sorry  to answer late but it doesn't work .I unchecked  the line and build the setup and when i launched the msi i got the same message 
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:53 PM
  • Hi Shay_w,

Thank you for the feedback.

Maybe you could try to modify the Launch Condition property by right-clicking your setup project -> View -> Launch Conditions -> select the “.NET Framework” under Launch Conditions item -> Modify the Version item in the Properties window to the version your machine supports. Afterwards, Rebuild your solution and check if this issue could be solved.

To check which version of .net framework your machine supports, you could refer to this document How to determine which .NET Framework versions are installed.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shay_w Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi shay_w,

Thank you to response.

It seems that your environment really lacks some components of .NET Framework 4.6.1, please have a try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Developer Pack, then check if it could work.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:19 AM
  •  Thanks 

It works as you indicated 

• Edited by Shay_w Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:21 PM